Carbomer 9420 is polymerized in a blend of ethyl acetate and cyclohexane solvents and can be expected to deliver the same suspending and stabilizing characteristics of Carbomer 9420 polymer. It imparts excellent thickening and suspending capability especially in surfactant systems and forms sparkling clarity gels. In addition, it has improved compatibility in thickening and imparting yield value to ionic surfactants.
Features and Benefits
- Outstanding thickening
- Suitable for surfactant system and high electrolyte rate system
- Excellent performance of stabilizing and suspending insoluble ingredients
- Clear gels & Hydro-alcoholic gels
- Shampoos and cleaning products
- High electrolyte system (Aloe gels, etc.)
- Typical use 0.2 to 1.5 wt%.
In systems with high concentration of surfactants, neutralization is preferred to be carried out before addition of surfactants. Otherwise the high concentration of surfactants especially catatonics and secondary surfactants would prevent the uncoiling of the polymer, affecting the viscosity, yield value and clarity of the end product.