Carbomer 996 is a cross-linked polyacrylate polymer. It is used as a high-efficient rheology modifier, capable of providing high viscosity, excellent thickening and suspending performance with low-dosage. It is also widely used in O/W lotions and creams as a favorable suspending agent.
Features and Benefits
- Short flow properties
- High viscosity
- High suspending, thickening and stabilizing ability
- Hair styling gels
- Moisturizing gels
- Bath gels
- Hand, body and face lotions
- Typical recommended dosage at 0.2~1.0 wt %.
- To disperse Carbomer 996 completely, it should be slowly and carefully sprinkled to dispersion medium while the mix is stirred rapidly to avoid formation of lumps; extremely high shear rate mixer should be carefully employed to avoid viscosity loss.
- The ideal viscosity can be achieved at pH ranges of 5.0~10.0 when neutralized; In a hydoalcoholic system, a correct neutralizer must be chosen carefully based on the amount of alcohol to be gelled.
After neutralization, high-shear and lasting stirring should be avoided to keep stable thickening ability.